At William Dustin Septic in Lakeland, FL, we want to help you have a trouble-free septic system with our septic tank cleaning services.
Septic Tank Cleaning in Lakeland – How much do you know about septic tank cleaning? If you are like most homeowners, you probably don’t put much thought into your septic system – unless it stops working. At William Dustin Septic in Lakeland, FL, we want to help you have a trouble-free septic system. One way to accomplish this is to know more about how your system works.
We do more than just septic tank cleaning, although that is an important part of preserving your septic system. We also want to advise you on what can go down into your septic system and what should not.
Even regular septic tank cleaning cannot keep up when you flush the wrong things down the drains and toilets.
You should avoid the following:
- Excess Water – Stagger your laundry & dishes, so you are not doing multiple loads in a short period of time. Staggering showers is also a good idea. Promptly take care of any leaks you have, as well.
- Grease – Don’t put greasy things down your garbage disposal. Discard used oil into the trash instead.
- Antibacterial Products – Do not use antibacterial cleaning products or hand soaps, as these will kill the bacterial needed in your septic system.
- Food – A garbage can or composter is a better place for your table scraps than your garbage disposal. It is okay to use the disposal now and then, but the less you do, the healthier your septic system will be.
- Too Many People – It is okay to have a house full of guests short-term, but having more people in the house than your septic system can handle can be a real problem if they stick around too long. At the very least, be sure to schedule an extra septic tank cleaning to take care of the extra waste being produced as soon as the crowd leaves.
If you have any questions about septic tank cleaning or would like to schedule one, give us a call. We also install new systems and make repairs.