You know you need to schedule routine septic tank cleaning, but when you only need your contractor to come out every three to five years, how in the world are you supposed to remember? After all, many life events can happen during that time period!
At William Dustin Septic, we know how important it is to schedule routine septic tank cleaning, and we also know that a busy life can lead to a missed appointment or forgetting to schedule one altogether. Luckily, we have some pretty easy tips for helping you remember when you should schedule septic tank cleaning so you don’t miss your appointments when your system needs attention:
- Ask for a business card – When your contractor comes to complete septic tank cleaning, ask them for a business card and immediately write your future septic tank cleaning date on the card for safe keeping.
- Put a reminder in your phone — Many of our phones and other electronic devices can store and share our calendar information years in advance. Adding it to your preferred device right away will help you remember when the next appointment time comes.
- Add it to your work calendar — If there is any calendar you check regularly, it’s probably the one at work. Adding this important date to your work calendar is a good way to ensure that you don’t miss your next routine septic tank cleaning appointment.
- Share the date with your spouse or neighbor — Is your spouse better at remembering the to-do list, or does your neighbor schedule septic tank cleaning around the same time you do? Share your future appointment with a trusted partner who will keep you accountable.
- Keep it written in an area you visit often —Whether you pin it to the fridge, stick it on your desk with tape, use a piece of paper with the date as a bookmark, or keep a list of important dates in your tool box, having your septic tank cleaning date written down and stored for safe keeping will help you remember.