How long has it been since your last septic tank pumping at your Lake Wales property?
Oftentimes, homeowners don’t know how long it has been since the last septic tank pumping at their property. Maybe you bought the property and didn’t get any septic system records from the previous homeowner. Maybe you have never had your tank pumped. Maybe you don’t even know where your septic system is located. Don’t panic! Give us at William Dustin Septic a call, and let’s get started assessing, maintaining and protecting your septic system.
Signs you could need septic tank pumping right away:
- Areas of pooling water in your yard
- Slow drains in your home
- Lawn overgrowth in the area of your septic system
- Unpleasant smell
- Sewer backups (start in the lowest drain in your home)
Here are some things you can do in between each septic tank pumping to improve the health of your septic system:
- Keep a record of any septic system repairs, as well as records of regular maintenance, including septic tank pumping.
- Conserve water in your home.
- Call a professional right away if you notice any problems.
- Make sure excess water from gutters and other sources is diverted away from your septic system’s drain field.
- Protect your septic system. Avoid driving over or parking on any part of it. Do not plant shrubs or trees over it. Do not build over it or cover the area with concrete or asphalt.
- Do not put harsh chemicals down your drains.
- Do not use a garbage disposal, which increases the amount of solid waste in your septic system and can contribute to an increase in clogs and overflows. Throw your food waste in the trash instead.
If you think you might need septic tank pumping or any other septic services, don’t hesitate to call us at William Dustin Septic today. With our reliable and consistent professionals who are available whenever you need us, you can stop worrying about your septic system as soon as you call. We will provide you with a free estimate and guarantee your satisfaction.